Comley hopes for another England C call
- Credit: Harry Trump/Pinnacle
James Comley is hoping his England C appearance against Turkey in October will not be his last.
The 23-year-old was called up by Paul Fairclough for England’s trip to Turkey and was a 74th-minute substitute in the 2-0 loss at the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium in Istanbul.
Comley was omitted from the squad for the final Challenge Trophy game against Estonia at Halifax’s Shay Stadium but is hoping he can convince Fairclough to include him again in the future.
“It was really fun with a good bunch of lads. I was the only outfield player in the Confernece South so it was good to see the level of the players in the England team and the opposition, which had 18 senior caps in it,” he said.
“It was a really good experience and it was a shame that I didn’t get a recall. I wasn’t playing too well at the time and I got ill before the squad was announced.”
You may also want to watch:
Comley is in his last year of eligibility for the England C squad so his chance of another appearance may be a long shot. Even if he doesn’t get another call up, he says what he learned can benefit St Albans City.
“I’ve taken everything on board that we were told and I look at what we were given and I’m just trying to add it to my game for St Albans.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25