Comley hopes for another England C call
- Credit: Harry Trump/Pinnacle
James Comley is hoping his England C appearance against Turkey in October will not be his last.
The 23-year-old was called up by Paul Fairclough for England’s trip to Turkey and was a 74th-minute substitute in the 2-0 loss at the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium in Istanbul.
Comley was omitted from the squad for the final Challenge Trophy game against Estonia at Halifax’s Shay Stadium but is hoping he can convince Fairclough to include him again in the future.
“It was really fun with a good bunch of lads. I was the only outfield player in the Confernece South so it was good to see the level of the players in the England team and the opposition, which had 18 senior caps in it,” he said.
“It was a really good experience and it was a shame that I didn’t get a recall. I wasn’t playing too well at the time and I got ill before the squad was announced.”
You may also want to watch:
Comley is in his last year of eligibility for the England C squad so his chance of another appearance may be a long shot. Even if he doesn’t get another call up, he says what he learned can benefit St Albans City.
“I’ve taken everything on board that we were told and I look at what we were given and I’m just trying to add it to my game for St Albans.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land