Comfortable win for Flamstead
SHL Division Seven Flamstead 136-1 beat Eversholt II 135 by nine wickets Flamstead picked up another 30 points after a comprehensive win at Eversholt II. With Watford II also winning Flamstead remain joint top. Flamstead won the toss and decided to field
SHL Division Seven
Flamstead 136-1 beat Eversholt II 135 by nine wickets
Flamstead picked up another 30 points after a comprehensive win at Eversholt II. With Watford II also winning Flamstead remain joint top.
Flamstead won the toss and decided to field first.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Wilkinson soon found his line and length, making the first breakthrough with the score on 22 thanks to a catch from Josh Evans at gully.
Wilkinson picked up another two wickets and with the in-form Twiggy Rogers claiming three Eversholt were in trouble on 59-6.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Sean Chaplin (26) and Andy Page (19) then dug in and put together the only real stand of Eversholt's innings.
Josh Rose returned to the bowling attack and broke the stand when he bowled Chaplin.
Gordon Banks then removed Page before Rose wrapped up the innings with the last two wickets as Eversholt finished on 135.
When it was Flamstead's turn to bat the conditions had made batting easier but they suffered an early blow as Evans was bowled for a duck with only 13 on the board.
This turned out to be the only wicket for Eversholt as Andy Taylor (55*) and Banks (75*) saw Flamstead home in just 26 overs.
Skipper Taylor was delighted with his team's sixth consecutive victory. He said: "We fielded really well and caught eight catches and only dropped one very difficult chance. All our bowlers bowled very tightly and then we finished the job off with an excellent undefeated partnership of 123."
Flamstead moved into the second round of the Hertfordshire Village Trophy as they beat Boxmoor by nine runs.
Flamstead batted first and got off to a slow start before Ben Brownlie (39), Gordon Banks (32) and Matt Brown (35) helped them to 154-6 off their 20 overs.
Boxmoor's innings never got going against accurate bowling from Martin Lindley (1-9), Graham Bray (1-15) and Tim Wilkinson (1-16).
Spinners Mark Ridley (2-3) and Jack Smith (3-19) polished of the Boxmoor innings for just 94.