Comendable performance in Hemel loss for depleted Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Tabard slipped to a 22-7 loss at home to Hemel Hempstead in London North West Two but still had plenty to be happy about.
It was a commendable performance from a depleted side but the Radlett-based rugby club will feel they deserved more than a solitary try right at the death.
The hosts more than matched the heavier visitors in the second half but it was the opening 17 minutes that did the damage.
Hemel raced into a 14-0 lead and had stretched the lead to 17 by half-time.
But the second half saw Tabard go through the phases far better and were only kept out by desperate defence.
Hemel scored their third try on the hour but Tabard finally got their reward with Hemel pinned in their own 22.
Harry Smith picked up a fine interception and raced through to score under the posts.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
George gough added the conversion as the clock ran down.