Comendable performance in Hemel loss for depleted Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Tabard slipped to a 22-7 loss at home to Hemel Hempstead in London North West Two but still had plenty to be happy about.
It was a commendable performance from a depleted side but the Radlett-based rugby club will feel they deserved more than a solitary try right at the death.
The hosts more than matched the heavier visitors in the second half but it was the opening 17 minutes that did the damage.
Hemel raced into a 14-0 lead and had stretched the lead to 17 by half-time.
But the second half saw Tabard go through the phases far better and were only kept out by desperate defence.
Hemel scored their third try on the hour but Tabard finally got their reward with Hemel pinned in their own 22.
Harry Smith picked up a fine interception and raced through to score under the posts.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
George gough added the conversion as the clock ran down.