Comendable performance in Hemel loss for depleted Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Tabard slipped to a 22-7 loss at home to Hemel Hempstead in London North West Two but still had plenty to be happy about.
It was a commendable performance from a depleted side but the Radlett-based rugby club will feel they deserved more than a solitary try right at the death.
The hosts more than matched the heavier visitors in the second half but it was the opening 17 minutes that did the damage.
Hemel raced into a 14-0 lead and had stretched the lead to 17 by half-time.
But the second half saw Tabard go through the phases far better and were only kept out by desperate defence.
You may also want to watch:
Hemel scored their third try on the hour but Tabard finally got their reward with Hemel pinned in their own 22.
Harry Smith picked up a fine interception and raced through to score under the posts.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
George gough added the conversion as the clock ran down.