Comendable performance in Hemel loss for depleted Tabard
- Credit: Archant
Tabard slipped to a 22-7 loss at home to Hemel Hempstead in London North West Two but still had plenty to be happy about.
It was a commendable performance from a depleted side but the Radlett-based rugby club will feel they deserved more than a solitary try right at the death.
The hosts more than matched the heavier visitors in the second half but it was the opening 17 minutes that did the damage.
Hemel raced into a 14-0 lead and had stretched the lead to 17 by half-time.
But the second half saw Tabard go through the phases far better and were only kept out by desperate defence.
You may also want to watch:
Hemel scored their third try on the hour but Tabard finally got their reward with Hemel pinned in their own 22.
Harry Smith picked up a fine interception and raced through to score under the posts.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
George gough added the conversion as the clock ran down.