Colts wrap up Championship
Goddard steers Colts home
INDOOR CRICKET: ST ALBANS Cricket Club Colts U16s recorded a memorable victory over the Hemel A team last week.
Going into the match both sides had 100 per cent win records, and, being the final match of the season, this would decide who would emerge as champions in the 2010 U15/16 Hertfordshire Choice Indoor Cricket League.
Hemel batted first, and despite wickets from Ben Blight and Jonny Hall, they built a solid total of 125-3 runs off their 12 overs.
St Albans responded with some solid batting from Robbie Goddard (45) and Charlie Bowskill (15), but in a nail-biting finish, needed 1 off the last ball to clinch the title: Goddard on strike duly kept his cool and obliged to score the winning run, with St Albans finishing on 126-5.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations go to the St Albans squad who played in the league this season. The team comprised of Jonny Hall, Robbie Goddard, Charlie Bowskill, Tom Bowskill, Matt Springall, Dan Rosson, Ben Blight, Ed Calvert, Dominic Watkins and Brent McCormick, and ably managed by Nick Hall.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly