Colts bring 800 players together for presentation
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Colts FC held its annual presentation evening last weekend, with all the club’s teams coming together for the first time.
The club usually holds separate presentation evenings for their numerous teams, but on this occasion the decision was taken to bring all the members together to celebrate the season.
Players from U7 to U17 took part in a tournament in Rothampsted Park before congregating on the Harpenden Town FC pitch.
Club chairman, Ian Holden, said the evening could not have gone much better.
“It was such a pleasure to walk into Rothampsted Park and see 700-plus children wearing the Harpenden Colt colours,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The evening as a whole went really well and I would like to extend my thanks to Harpenden Town for letting us use their facilities.”
Success on the pitch this season has gone hand in hand with success off it, as the club funded 30 new coaches to achieve their F.A Level One badges.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
“We’ve really bought into the FA Charter Standard this year,” said Holden.
“We now have 150 coaches, 50 of them qualified, with 800 or so children playing in 45 teams.”
“I wouldn’t like to pick out any teams individually, but we’ve had county cup finals; it’s been a really successful season.”