Colts bring 800 players together for presentation
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Colts FC held its annual presentation evening last weekend, with all the club’s teams coming together for the first time.
The club usually holds separate presentation evenings for their numerous teams, but on this occasion the decision was taken to bring all the members together to celebrate the season.
Players from U7 to U17 took part in a tournament in Rothampsted Park before congregating on the Harpenden Town FC pitch.
Club chairman, Ian Holden, said the evening could not have gone much better.
“It was such a pleasure to walk into Rothampsted Park and see 700-plus children wearing the Harpenden Colt colours,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The evening as a whole went really well and I would like to extend my thanks to Harpenden Town for letting us use their facilities.”
Success on the pitch this season has gone hand in hand with success off it, as the club funded 30 new coaches to achieve their F.A Level One badges.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
“We’ve really bought into the FA Charter Standard this year,” said Holden.
“We now have 150 coaches, 50 of them qualified, with 800 or so children playing in 45 teams.”
“I wouldn’t like to pick out any teams individually, but we’ve had county cup finals; it’s been a really successful season.”