Colney take down table-topping Radlett 3s
- Credit: Archant
London Colney made it two wins from three with a comfortable seven wicket victory over table-topping Radlett 3s.
Having put Radlett into bat, Colney removed the openers with neither troubling the scorer. Andy Cole, in particular, was in stellar form, tearing through the middle order on his way to figures of 5-19 from his 10 overs.
The Radlett batsmen found no respite from the Colney change bowlers with Usman Zaman, Simon Fretter and John Pinkham all picking up wickets as the visitors succumbed for 109 in just 28.5 overs.
In reply, Colney were once again unable to get off to a decent start with captain Rick Zeiderman (8) and partner Craig Parker (0) both removed by the impressive Darren Fabray (2-27).
With the home side missing several batsman, Colney stalward Graham Seymour was promoted to fill the number three position and responded with a unbeaten knock of 51.
You may also want to watch:
Unflustered by the loss of the in-form Cole (4), Seymour combined with Tim Fretter (33*) to add an unbroken 74 for the fourth wicket and see Colney to victory.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans