Colney take down table-topping Radlett 3s
- Credit: Archant
London Colney made it two wins from three with a comfortable seven wicket victory over table-topping Radlett 3s.
Having put Radlett into bat, Colney removed the openers with neither troubling the scorer. Andy Cole, in particular, was in stellar form, tearing through the middle order on his way to figures of 5-19 from his 10 overs.
The Radlett batsmen found no respite from the Colney change bowlers with Usman Zaman, Simon Fretter and John Pinkham all picking up wickets as the visitors succumbed for 109 in just 28.5 overs.
In reply, Colney were once again unable to get off to a decent start with captain Rick Zeiderman (8) and partner Craig Parker (0) both removed by the impressive Darren Fabray (2-27).
With the home side missing several batsman, Colney stalward Graham Seymour was promoted to fill the number three position and responded with a unbeaten knock of 51.
Unflustered by the loss of the in-form Cole (4), Seymour combined with Tim Fretter (33*) to add an unbroken 74 for the fourth wicket and see Colney to victory.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic