Colney take down table-topping Radlett 3s
- Credit: Archant
London Colney made it two wins from three with a comfortable seven wicket victory over table-topping Radlett 3s.
Having put Radlett into bat, Colney removed the openers with neither troubling the scorer. Andy Cole, in particular, was in stellar form, tearing through the middle order on his way to figures of 5-19 from his 10 overs.
The Radlett batsmen found no respite from the Colney change bowlers with Usman Zaman, Simon Fretter and John Pinkham all picking up wickets as the visitors succumbed for 109 in just 28.5 overs.
In reply, Colney were once again unable to get off to a decent start with captain Rick Zeiderman (8) and partner Craig Parker (0) both removed by the impressive Darren Fabray (2-27).
With the home side missing several batsman, Colney stalward Graham Seymour was promoted to fill the number three position and responded with a unbeaten knock of 51.
You may also want to watch:
Unflustered by the loss of the in-form Cole (4), Seymour combined with Tim Fretter (33*) to add an unbroken 74 for the fourth wicket and see Colney to victory.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book