Colney take derby honours
Herts Intermediate Cup Third Round Park Street Village Reserves 0 London Colney Reserves 2 LONDON Colney Reserves progressed to the fourth round of the Herts Intermediate Cup after a hard-fought victory over local rivals Park Street Village. Dean Barker
Herts Intermediate Cup Third Round
Park Street Village Reserves 0
London Colney Reserves 2
LONDON Colney Reserves progressed to the fourth round of the Herts Intermediate Cup after a hard-fought victory over local rivals Park Street Village.
You may also want to watch:
Dean Barker had a good opportunity in the opening minutes but he shot over the bar. PSV should have taken the lead on six minutes when James Smith was sent clear and his low effort beat goalkeeper Herve Soulard, only for it to rebound off the post.
Ian Smith shot wide for PSV moments later and at the other end, Sam Mitchell had a shot well blocked. The lively Smith and King were causing the Blueboys defence problems but they came up against Paradise and Townsend in fine form at the heart of the Colney defence.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The game was an end-to-end affair with both sides creating chances. Tinashe Jaravaza floated over a corner which Benning headed over the bar and Jaravaza then beat two defenders but his cross-cum-shot was saved by Elliot Guinn.
Soulard was quick to save Smith's effort and he then made a good stop to deny Ed King.
Jaravaza was looking lively out on the right and he cut into the box and unleashed a shot that forced Guinn into a spectacular save.
From the resulting corner, the Blueboys took the lead. PSV failed to clear their lines and Rogers helped the ball to Barker who guided it into the back of the net.
Aaron King fired a shot wide as PSV looked to equalise but the Blueboys sealed the win with a second goal in the 90th minute. Josh Godden's free kick into the area saw Mitchell brought down by Aaron King and Mitchell dusted himself down to dispatch the penalty, with King sent off for his part in the proceedings.
PSV Reserves: Guinn, Thorpe, Petts, Hutchinson, Brown, E.King, McAnlis, A.King, Smith, Hurst, Dundon. Subs: Corley, Lord, James.
London Colney Reserves: Soulard, Townsend, Smithson, Butcher (Jaravaza), Paradise, Woodcock (Harkness), Mitchell, Benning (Rogers), Barker, Thatcher, Godden. Unused Subs: O'Toole.