Another setback for Colney Heath as they lose late to Leverstock Green
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath continue to put their fans through the emotional wringer as they stumble their way towards the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division title.
The latest setback was a 1-0 loss at home to Leverstock Green which means although they are still clear at the top of the table, Tring Athletic have closed the gap to six.
The goal came in the second minute of added time at the end of the game and it was one to forget for keeper Connor Sansom.
The ball got tangled up in his feet and Adiel Mannion took full advantage, nipping in and robbing him of it before rolling it into the empty net.
The Magpies, who included youngsters Kyle Rahho and Oliver Seeby in the squad, had been on top before that without managing to get the all-important goal.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Clements fired a couple just wide while a Brett O'Connor header needed cleared off the line.
Matt Fallon in the Levy goal was also equal to chances from Spencer Clarke-Mardel and Andy Sears-Black.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25