Colney Heath turn in top performance to see off Hoddesdon
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies produced arguably their best team performance of the season to see off Hoddedson Ladies in the League Cup.
First-half goals from Annie Hickey, Lucy Hancock and Sophie Joseph gave The Magpies a comfortable 3-0 win.
Heath started very brightly and were soon ahead.
A ball from Molly Slade at the back found Holly Sheridan. She in turn sent a cracking ball through to fellow forward Hickey, who volleyed home.
The second was nodded home by a diving Hancock while the third saw Joseph run on to a through ball before shooting across the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
A number of substitutions made at half-time saw Colney Heath with a few pairs of fresh legs and the changes gave Hoddesdon the chance to come back.
However, The Magpies defence held firm, showing fantastic work as a unit, and when they were breached, goalkeeper Sasha Tucker was on hand to ensure a clean sheet.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Despite the pressure from Hoddesdon, Colney were still able to carve out a number of chances for themselves.
Kelly Hancock, Joseph, Sheridan and Adi Milton all had chances although somehow the fourth wouldn’t come.
Slade came closest, sending one left foot shot off the crossbar and another off both posts.
Their next League Cup tie is away to Royston on March 13 at 2pm.