Colney Heath turn in top performance to see off Hoddesdon
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies produced arguably their best team performance of the season to see off Hoddedson Ladies in the League Cup.
First-half goals from Annie Hickey, Lucy Hancock and Sophie Joseph gave The Magpies a comfortable 3-0 win.
Heath started very brightly and were soon ahead.
A ball from Molly Slade at the back found Holly Sheridan. She in turn sent a cracking ball through to fellow forward Hickey, who volleyed home.
The second was nodded home by a diving Hancock while the third saw Joseph run on to a through ball before shooting across the keeper.
A number of substitutions made at half-time saw Colney Heath with a few pairs of fresh legs and the changes gave Hoddesdon the chance to come back.
However, The Magpies defence held firm, showing fantastic work as a unit, and when they were breached, goalkeeper Sasha Tucker was on hand to ensure a clean sheet.
- 1 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 2 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 5 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 7 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
Despite the pressure from Hoddesdon, Colney were still able to carve out a number of chances for themselves.
Kelly Hancock, Joseph, Sheridan and Adi Milton all had chances although somehow the fourth wouldn’t come.
Slade came closest, sending one left foot shot off the crossbar and another off both posts.
Their next League Cup tie is away to Royston on March 13 at 2pm.