Colney Heath turn in top performance to see off Hoddesdon
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies produced arguably their best team performance of the season to see off Hoddedson Ladies in the League Cup.
First-half goals from Annie Hickey, Lucy Hancock and Sophie Joseph gave The Magpies a comfortable 3-0 win.
Heath started very brightly and were soon ahead.
A ball from Molly Slade at the back found Holly Sheridan. She in turn sent a cracking ball through to fellow forward Hickey, who volleyed home.
The second was nodded home by a diving Hancock while the third saw Joseph run on to a through ball before shooting across the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
A number of substitutions made at half-time saw Colney Heath with a few pairs of fresh legs and the changes gave Hoddesdon the chance to come back.
However, The Magpies defence held firm, showing fantastic work as a unit, and when they were breached, goalkeeper Sasha Tucker was on hand to ensure a clean sheet.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Despite the pressure from Hoddesdon, Colney were still able to carve out a number of chances for themselves.
Kelly Hancock, Joseph, Sheridan and Adi Milton all had chances although somehow the fourth wouldn’t come.
Slade came closest, sending one left foot shot off the crossbar and another off both posts.
Their next League Cup tie is away to Royston on March 13 at 2pm.