Shock defeat sends Colney Heath out of the Spartan South Midlands League Challenge Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath suffered shock 2-1 defeat away to Old Bradwell United in the SSML Challenge Trophy.
The Magpies have been dominant this season with only a loss to Southern League Corby Town against their name and seven wins from seven in the Premier Division.
But despite taking a third-minute lead through George Devine, holding off the defence before slotting the ball beyond goalkeeper Liam Jahn, the Division Two leaders fought back in the second half.
The first came from Scott Valentine's corner which was headed in by the unmarked Daryl Smith before provider turner scorer with a thunderous 25-yard shot.
Colney pressed for an equaliser with Mickey Shuttlewood, Devine and Danny May all going close but that was to be no second.
You may also want to watch:
They will need to do much better when they travel to Flackwell Heath in the first round of the FA Vase on Saturday.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 8 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 9 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 10 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years