Colney Heath’s Jimmy Hill ‘grateful’ for team-mates as goalscoring run shows no sign of stopping
- Credit: Archant
Jimmy Hill has expressed his gratitude for his team-mates after the striker netted two more for Colney Heath to continue a fabulous run of goalscoring.
The 33-year-old has been on run that would have made Will Grigg seem more of a glowing ember.
But he says he is just finishing off the hard work from his team-mates.
“It’s nice to be scoring,” he said. “But the team are playing well and there’s lots of confidence going through us with the young lads.
“I’ve just got to be in the right place to score.”
You may also want to watch:
He has now hit 15 in all competitions with 10 of them coming since the turn of the year.
That followed a spell on the sidelines.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
“I had a slipped disc back in October,” he said. “So I had that sorted and now it’s just about getting my fitness up.
“I’m 33 now so I’m no spring chicken but I’m just trying to play well and like I say, just be in the right place.
“I’m trying not to over do it too much but I’ve got a lot of young lads around me so they do my running for me. I’m grateful for that.
“We’ve got some great young talent coming through with the likes of Joe [Newton], Os [Allman] and Isa [Rotimi].”
His two goals against the Blueboys came via set-pieces delivered by Dan May.
“Dan May is mustard,” Hill added. “His delivery is spot on and he got a couple of assists for me the other day as well.
“I’m grateful for that, grateful for everything really. But you’ve got to be at my age.”