Colney Heath’s Jimmy Hill ‘grateful’ for team-mates as goalscoring run shows no sign of stopping
- Credit: Archant
Jimmy Hill has expressed his gratitude for his team-mates after the striker netted two more for Colney Heath to continue a fabulous run of goalscoring.
The 33-year-old has been on run that would have made Will Grigg seem more of a glowing ember.
But he says he is just finishing off the hard work from his team-mates.
“It’s nice to be scoring,” he said. “But the team are playing well and there’s lots of confidence going through us with the young lads.
“I’ve just got to be in the right place to score.”
You may also want to watch:
He has now hit 15 in all competitions with 10 of them coming since the turn of the year.
That followed a spell on the sidelines.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 10 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
“I had a slipped disc back in October,” he said. “So I had that sorted and now it’s just about getting my fitness up.
“I’m 33 now so I’m no spring chicken but I’m just trying to play well and like I say, just be in the right place.
“I’m trying not to over do it too much but I’ve got a lot of young lads around me so they do my running for me. I’m grateful for that.
“We’ve got some great young talent coming through with the likes of Joe [Newton], Os [Allman] and Isa [Rotimi].”
His two goals against the Blueboys came via set-pieces delivered by Dan May.
“Dan May is mustard,” Hill added. “His delivery is spot on and he got a couple of assists for me the other day as well.
“I’m grateful for that, grateful for everything really. But you’ve got to be at my age.”