Colney Heath resurgence continues with Stotfold victory
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s upturn in fortunes since Ryan Thompson took the helm continued with a 3-1 home win over Stotfold.
Former London Colney man Sam Doolan scored on his debut, Luke Dolan got the second and James Ewington completed the win.
All of this happened in the second half after Stotfold had returned to the dressing rooms with a 1-0 half-time lead.
Heath may have had the better of the first half stats wise but Stotfold hit the Magpies on the counter attack, Mark Ellis finishing with aplomb just after the half hour mark.
A few wise words from the gaffer seemed to energise the Magpies and the equaliser came on 47 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Doolan attacked a Jamie Eames corner and powered his header into the net.
Eames was provider for the second too, this time from a free-kick.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
With the keeper staying on his line, Dolan looped his header in off the crossbar.
The game was settled by centre forward Ewington. On the half turn in the box, he beat his man and fired home left footed in to the bottom left corner.
The win lifts the Magpies up to 12th in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with a home tie against Hadley next up on Saturday.