Colney Heath resurgence continues with Stotfold victory
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s upturn in fortunes since Ryan Thompson took the helm continued with a 3-1 home win over Stotfold.
Former London Colney man Sam Doolan scored on his debut, Luke Dolan got the second and James Ewington completed the win.
All of this happened in the second half after Stotfold had returned to the dressing rooms with a 1-0 half-time lead.
Heath may have had the better of the first half stats wise but Stotfold hit the Magpies on the counter attack, Mark Ellis finishing with aplomb just after the half hour mark.
A few wise words from the gaffer seemed to energise the Magpies and the equaliser came on 47 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Doolan attacked a Jamie Eames corner and powered his header into the net.
Eames was provider for the second too, this time from a free-kick.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
With the keeper staying on his line, Dolan looped his header in off the crossbar.
The game was settled by centre forward Ewington. On the half turn in the box, he beat his man and fired home left footed in to the bottom left corner.
The win lifts the Magpies up to 12th in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with a home tie against Hadley next up on Saturday.