FA Vase: Draw gives Colney Heath another home tie providing they can see off Histon challenge
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will have another home tie in the second round of the FA Vase – providing they can get past Histon.
Extra-time couldn’t settle the tie at the Recreation Ground on Saturday as the Magpies played out a 1-1 draw with their Cambridgeshire visitors and they will now head to Bridge Road tomorrow night (Tuesday).
And the winners will be at home again against Woodbridge Town in the next round.
The Magpies are the only side from the district to make it that far as both London Colney and Harpenden Town exited the competition.
The Blueboys will still be rueing their 3-2 defeat to Wellingborough Town in another game that required extra-time.
You may also want to watch:
They led 2-0 at the break after goals from Elliott Beevor and Bobby Armstrong but the visitors to Cotlandswick fought back with two late goals and they completed the comeback in the added 30-minute period.
Harpenden endured a difficult afternoon at the impressive Stowmarket Town, the Suffolk-side winning 5-0.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25