FA Vase: Draw gives Colney Heath another home tie providing they can see off Histon challenge
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will have another home tie in the second round of the FA Vase – providing they can get past Histon.
Extra-time couldn’t settle the tie at the Recreation Ground on Saturday as the Magpies played out a 1-1 draw with their Cambridgeshire visitors and they will now head to Bridge Road tomorrow night (Tuesday).
And the winners will be at home again against Woodbridge Town in the next round.
The Magpies are the only side from the district to make it that far as both London Colney and Harpenden Town exited the competition.
The Blueboys will still be rueing their 3-2 defeat to Wellingborough Town in another game that required extra-time.
You may also want to watch:
They led 2-0 at the break after goals from Elliott Beevor and Bobby Armstrong but the visitors to Cotlandswick fought back with two late goals and they completed the comeback in the added 30-minute period.
Harpenden endured a difficult afternoon at the impressive Stowmarket Town, the Suffolk-side winning 5-0.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans