Dramatic finish but Colney Heath leave it too late against Potton United
- Credit: Archant
A late charge from Colney Heath almost rescued a point but it was Potton United who took the three points with a 2-1 success at the Recreation Ground.
Martin Danobrega and Gary Ansell-Carter scored twice in two minutes just beyond the hour mark to fire the Bedfordshire side ahead but despite Greg Shaw pulling one back late on as the Magpies laid siege to the away goal, it wasn’t enough.
Shaw had another chance moments after his powerful header had hit the back of the net but this flicked effort went wide.
Harry Shepherd also had a shot as the clock ticked down and the final action saw the youngster squeeze the ball past goalkeeper Tyler Josephs only for Potton skipper Christian Smail to clear off the line.
Colney Heath’s day had started with the return of Spencer Clarke-Mardel from holiday but it lasted just 10 minutes before he was helped off with injury.
The Magpies face another game against a top-six side when they go to Hadley on Saturday.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area