Dramatic finish but Colney Heath leave it too late against Potton United
- Credit: Archant
A late charge from Colney Heath almost rescued a point but it was Potton United who took the three points with a 2-1 success at the Recreation Ground.
Martin Danobrega and Gary Ansell-Carter scored twice in two minutes just beyond the hour mark to fire the Bedfordshire side ahead but despite Greg Shaw pulling one back late on as the Magpies laid siege to the away goal, it wasn’t enough.
Shaw had another chance moments after his powerful header had hit the back of the net but this flicked effort went wide.
Harry Shepherd also had a shot as the clock ticked down and the final action saw the youngster squeeze the ball past goalkeeper Tyler Josephs only for Potton skipper Christian Smail to clear off the line.
Colney Heath’s day had started with the return of Spencer Clarke-Mardel from holiday but it lasted just 10 minutes before he was helped off with injury.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies face another game against a top-six side when they go to Hadley on Saturday.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages