Back to winning ways for Colney Heath Ladies at Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
There was welcome relief for Colney Heath Ladies as they returned to winning ways with a 4-1 success at Haringey Borough in the in the Eastern Region League Cup.
The Lady Magpies came flying out of the blocks and after creating a number of chances, top scorer Samiara Khan nodded them ahead from a Charlene Moreton corner.
A penalty from Lucy Hancock doubled the lead on 25 minutes and Adi Milton made it three with the goal of the game, smashing a Khan cross into the top corner.
The hosts pulled one back but the goals were done by half-time thanks to skipper Sheree Oliver's header.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: "I wanted to see a reaction [after losing at Wymondham] and I got exactly that. The ladies showed great character and quality and I'm very proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath travel to Watford Ladies U23's on Sunday for the semi-final of the Herts County Cup.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival