Back to winning ways for Colney Heath Ladies at Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
There was welcome relief for Colney Heath Ladies as they returned to winning ways with a 4-1 success at Haringey Borough in the in the Eastern Region League Cup.
The Lady Magpies came flying out of the blocks and after creating a number of chances, top scorer Samiara Khan nodded them ahead from a Charlene Moreton corner.
A penalty from Lucy Hancock doubled the lead on 25 minutes and Adi Milton made it three with the goal of the game, smashing a Khan cross into the top corner.
The hosts pulled one back but the goals were done by half-time thanks to skipper Sheree Oliver's header.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: "I wanted to see a reaction [after losing at Wymondham] and I got exactly that. The ladies showed great character and quality and I'm very proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath travel to Watford Ladies U23's on Sunday for the semi-final of the Herts County Cup.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash