Eastern Region League: Just the six this week for hot-shot Colney Heath as they start league season in style
- Credit: Archant
After seven goals in their FA Cup win over Hemel Hempstead, Colney Heath Ladies managed just six as the opened their Eastern Region Women’s League Premier Division season with a thumping 6-0 win over Haringey Borough.
The first arrived just over a minute into the contest at the Recreation Ground with Christina Freestone setting up Sophie Joseph to slam the ball into the top corner.
But they had to wait until just before half-time for number two to arrive as they struggled to retain possession.
Nicola Hollick got it with a sumptuous turn and shot, again into the top corner.
The second period though saw the Magpies turn on the style.
You may also want to watch:
Freestone set up Hollick for number three and Lucy Hancock made it four with a cross-shot that flew in.
Joseph’s whipped free-kick made it five and the best of the bunch arrived at the end, Charlotte Grogan blasting in an effort from 30 yards.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Having scored 13 and conceded none in their opening two games, the Magpies will want to continue this form when they return to FA Cup action on Sunday, hosting Houghton Athletic in the first qualifying round.