Eastern Region League: Just the six this week for hot-shot Colney Heath as they start league season in style
- Credit: Archant
After seven goals in their FA Cup win over Hemel Hempstead, Colney Heath Ladies managed just six as the opened their Eastern Region Women’s League Premier Division season with a thumping 6-0 win over Haringey Borough.
The first arrived just over a minute into the contest at the Recreation Ground with Christina Freestone setting up Sophie Joseph to slam the ball into the top corner.
But they had to wait until just before half-time for number two to arrive as they struggled to retain possession.
Nicola Hollick got it with a sumptuous turn and shot, again into the top corner.
The second period though saw the Magpies turn on the style.
You may also want to watch:
Freestone set up Hollick for number three and Lucy Hancock made it four with a cross-shot that flew in.
Joseph’s whipped free-kick made it five and the best of the bunch arrived at the end, Charlotte Grogan blasting in an effort from 30 yards.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Having scored 13 and conceded none in their opening two games, the Magpies will want to continue this form when they return to FA Cup action on Sunday, hosting Houghton Athletic in the first qualifying round.