Colney Heath Ladies miss out on
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies fell just short of finishing their season off with silverware – going down 2-1 to Writtle Ladies in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Division One Cup Final.
Holly Sheridan reduced the deficit late on but it was too late for them to force the game at Letchworth’s County Ground into extra-time.
It wasn’t for the want of trying though with The Magpies responding superbly to being 2-0 down at the break.
Sammy May struck a free-kick off the crossbar and Kirsty Feasey hit the base of the post with a shot on the turn.
Sheridan also went close with a header from a corner that produced a wonderful save by Beth Griffiths in the Writtle goal.
You may also want to watch:
The goal when it did come saw the striker race clear before clipping it beyond Griffiths.
And with time against Heath, Writtle hung on to their advantage gained through goals by Leanne Stubbings and Sophie Vale.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school