Colney Heath Ladies miss out on
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies fell just short of finishing their season off with silverware – going down 2-1 to Writtle Ladies in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Division One Cup Final.
Holly Sheridan reduced the deficit late on but it was too late for them to force the game at Letchworth’s County Ground into extra-time.
It wasn’t for the want of trying though with The Magpies responding superbly to being 2-0 down at the break.
Sammy May struck a free-kick off the crossbar and Kirsty Feasey hit the base of the post with a shot on the turn.
Sheridan also went close with a header from a corner that produced a wonderful save by Beth Griffiths in the Writtle goal.
You may also want to watch:
The goal when it did come saw the striker race clear before clipping it beyond Griffiths.
And with time against Heath, Writtle hung on to their advantage gained through goals by Leanne Stubbings and Sophie Vale.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans