Royston hoodoo continues as Colney Heath Ladies dumped out of Women’s FA Cup by Crows
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s Ladies second defeat to Royston Town saw them exit the Women’s FA Cup.
They had lost 4-1 in the league one week earlier but couldn't reverse their fortunes as they fell to a 5-2 loss at the Recreation Ground.
It had all started so well when the retuning Adi Milton's cross from the right on four minutes was deflected in.
But the rest of the half became an unfortunate tale of unforced errors and left the Lady Magpies 3-1 down at the break.
Their quest for goals unfortunately left the defence exposed and Royston took full advantage with two more.
You may also want to watch:
Colney did pull one back through the impressive Milton and Charlene Moreton almost bagged a third but her shot hit the post.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: "We showed a lot more character and quality than the previous week which was pleasing but glaring mistakes are costly at this level and we were punished."
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad