Royston hoodoo continues as Colney Heath Ladies dumped out of Women’s FA Cup by Crows
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s Ladies second defeat to Royston Town saw them exit the Women’s FA Cup.
They had lost 4-1 in the league one week earlier but couldn't reverse their fortunes as they fell to a 5-2 loss at the Recreation Ground.
It had all started so well when the retuning Adi Milton's cross from the right on four minutes was deflected in.
But the rest of the half became an unfortunate tale of unforced errors and left the Lady Magpies 3-1 down at the break.
Their quest for goals unfortunately left the defence exposed and Royston took full advantage with two more.
Colney did pull one back through the impressive Milton and Charlene Moreton almost bagged a third but her shot hit the post.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: "We showed a lot more character and quality than the previous week which was pleasing but glaring mistakes are costly at this level and we were punished."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic