Royston hoodoo continues as Colney Heath Ladies dumped out of Women’s FA Cup by Crows
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s Ladies second defeat to Royston Town saw them exit the Women’s FA Cup.
They had lost 4-1 in the league one week earlier but couldn't reverse their fortunes as they fell to a 5-2 loss at the Recreation Ground.
It had all started so well when the retuning Adi Milton's cross from the right on four minutes was deflected in.
But the rest of the half became an unfortunate tale of unforced errors and left the Lady Magpies 3-1 down at the break.
Their quest for goals unfortunately left the defence exposed and Royston took full advantage with two more.
You may also want to watch:
Colney did pull one back through the impressive Milton and Charlene Moreton almost bagged a third but her shot hit the post.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: "We showed a lot more character and quality than the previous week which was pleasing but glaring mistakes are costly at this level and we were punished."
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets