Colney Heath Ladies leave Hutton empty-handed
A full squad of 16 players from Colney Heath Ladies made the trip round the M25 to Hutton, only to return empty handed after a 3-1 loss.
Colney started the game with effort and enthusiasm, pressing high up the pitch, but Hutton took the lead against the run of play from a long throw which was deflected into the path of their striker.
Colney have a long throw specialist of their own and after the restart Kelly Hancock caused a few problems. A few well struck corners led to half chances but for all their hard work they couldn’t create anything clear cut. Hutton made it two before the break with a long range effort.
Colney started the second half unfortunate to be 2-0 down. A change of formation meant a more attacking approach. Immediately after the restart Colney went through on goal only to see their effort hit straight at the keeper but the signs were encouraging.
Colney were on top again but confusion at the back lead to another goal for Hutton.
Colney eventually got a goal with 15 minutes remaining after some intricate forward play, Joseph made it two goals in as many games from left midfield. Colney continued to knock on the door for the remaining minutes and created a few more opportunities but they lacked a killer instinct in front of goal.
The game finished 3-1 with Hutton taking advantage of their opportunities.
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 7 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 10 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Sarah Ward, Grace Campion, Rachel Sherlow, Stacey Randles, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Sophie Joseph, Sofia Munoz, Molly Slade, Holly Sheridan, Vikki Allen, Georga Knight, Kirsty Feasey.