Colney Heath Ladies leave Hutton empty-handed
A full squad of 16 players from Colney Heath Ladies made the trip round the M25 to Hutton, only to return empty handed after a 3-1 loss.
Colney started the game with effort and enthusiasm, pressing high up the pitch, but Hutton took the lead against the run of play from a long throw which was deflected into the path of their striker.
Colney have a long throw specialist of their own and after the restart Kelly Hancock caused a few problems. A few well struck corners led to half chances but for all their hard work they couldn’t create anything clear cut. Hutton made it two before the break with a long range effort.
Colney started the second half unfortunate to be 2-0 down. A change of formation meant a more attacking approach. Immediately after the restart Colney went through on goal only to see their effort hit straight at the keeper but the signs were encouraging.
Colney were on top again but confusion at the back lead to another goal for Hutton.
You may also want to watch:
Colney eventually got a goal with 15 minutes remaining after some intricate forward play, Joseph made it two goals in as many games from left midfield. Colney continued to knock on the door for the remaining minutes and created a few more opportunities but they lacked a killer instinct in front of goal.
The game finished 3-1 with Hutton taking advantage of their opportunities.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Squad: Emma Tammaro, Sasha Tucker, Sarah Ward, Grace Campion, Rachel Sherlow, Stacey Randles, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Sophie Joseph, Sofia Munoz, Molly Slade, Holly Sheridan, Vikki Allen, Georga Knight, Kirsty Feasey.