Colney Heath ladies lead Group A in the Plate
Colney Heath Ladies moved to the top of Group A in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Plate after beating Hoddesdon Owls 4-1 on Sunday.
The Magpies started brightly and took the lead when Viki Allen found Kelly Hancock in the box. Her shot beat the keeper and went in off the post. The advantage was doubled soon after as Molly Slade found the net from a free-kick.
Continuing their attacking form and limiting Hoddesdons defence, Holly Sheridan anticipated a defensive error to bundle home a third for the ladies.
Hoddesdon pulled a goal back with their first real attempt on goal but their joy was short-lived as Sammy May scored after the break to wrap up the tie.
You may also want to watch:
Sasha Tucker, Rachel Sherlow, Megan Kiff, Molly Slade (c) , Viki Allen, Amber Charlton, Sophie Joseph, Faith Trounce, Sammy May, Holly Sheridan, Kelly Hancock, Georga Knight.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre