Colney Heath ladies lead Group A in the Plate
Colney Heath Ladies moved to the top of Group A in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Plate after beating Hoddesdon Owls 4-1 on Sunday.
The Magpies started brightly and took the lead when Viki Allen found Kelly Hancock in the box. Her shot beat the keeper and went in off the post. The advantage was doubled soon after as Molly Slade found the net from a free-kick.
Continuing their attacking form and limiting Hoddesdons defence, Holly Sheridan anticipated a defensive error to bundle home a third for the ladies.
Hoddesdon pulled a goal back with their first real attempt on goal but their joy was short-lived as Sammy May scored after the break to wrap up the tie.
You may also want to watch:
Sasha Tucker, Rachel Sherlow, Megan Kiff, Molly Slade (c) , Viki Allen, Amber Charlton, Sophie Joseph, Faith Trounce, Sammy May, Holly Sheridan, Kelly Hancock, Georga Knight.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism