Colney Heath Ladies held to goalless stalemate by Sawbridgeworth
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies couldn’t follow up their excellent Division One Cup semi-final win a week ago after being held to a 0-0 draw at home to Sawbridgeworth.
The visitors went into this game just one place above The Magpies in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Division One West table.
And the match was as closely contested as expected.
Both teams started well and created chances. Colney’s first came after five minutes when the ball was played from the left to a stretching Kelly Hancock who could not convert the cross.
Sammy May and Adi Milton were creating plenty of chances with their pace and energy but Heath could not take advantage.
You may also want to watch:
And stand-in keeper Lucy Hancock was called into action to preserve parity, coming out to block a hot with the rebound being blasted against the crossbar.
The second half follwed a similar pattern of chances created for both teams but none being taken.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
Kirsty Feasey came close with a free-kick that went just the wrong side of the crossbar.
A late chance almost saw Sawbridgeworth snatch the win but Hancock got down well to keep the ball out.