Colney Heath Ladies held to goalless stalemate by Sawbridgeworth
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies couldn’t follow up their excellent Division One Cup semi-final win a week ago after being held to a 0-0 draw at home to Sawbridgeworth.
The visitors went into this game just one place above The Magpies in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Division One West table.
And the match was as closely contested as expected.
Both teams started well and created chances. Colney’s first came after five minutes when the ball was played from the left to a stretching Kelly Hancock who could not convert the cross.
Sammy May and Adi Milton were creating plenty of chances with their pace and energy but Heath could not take advantage.
And stand-in keeper Lucy Hancock was called into action to preserve parity, coming out to block a hot with the rebound being blasted against the crossbar.
The second half follwed a similar pattern of chances created for both teams but none being taken.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
Kirsty Feasey came close with a free-kick that went just the wrong side of the crossbar.
A late chance almost saw Sawbridgeworth snatch the win but Hancock got down well to keep the ball out.