Colney Heath Ladies held to goalless stalemate by Sawbridgeworth
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies couldn’t follow up their excellent Division One Cup semi-final win a week ago after being held to a 0-0 draw at home to Sawbridgeworth.
The visitors went into this game just one place above The Magpies in the Eastern Region Women’s Football League Division One West table.
And the match was as closely contested as expected.
Both teams started well and created chances. Colney’s first came after five minutes when the ball was played from the left to a stretching Kelly Hancock who could not convert the cross.
Sammy May and Adi Milton were creating plenty of chances with their pace and energy but Heath could not take advantage.
You may also want to watch:
And stand-in keeper Lucy Hancock was called into action to preserve parity, coming out to block a hot with the rebound being blasted against the crossbar.
The second half follwed a similar pattern of chances created for both teams but none being taken.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Kirsty Feasey came close with a free-kick that went just the wrong side of the crossbar.
A late chance almost saw Sawbridgeworth snatch the win but Hancock got down well to keep the ball out.