Colney Heath Ladies finding some late season form as Haringey Borough are the latest to fall
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies have found their feet with some late season form as a 1-0 win away to Haringey Borough made it three straight wins in the Eastern Region Women’s Premier Division.
It has brought the Magpies into contact with the mid-table pack and represents a fantastic reversal in fortunes.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: “Three straight wins and now 24 points on the board is a huge achievement for the ladies. I’m very proud of them.”
The only goal of the game came from young striker Mel Godino.
She pounced after a shot from Rianne Townsend-Brown was saved, squeezing the rebound in from a tight angle.
You may also want to watch:
Gleeson was full of praise for his up and coming starlet.
He said: “Mel has joined us this year, and has shown great maturity for a 19-year-old.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
“She has progressed superbly and her attitude is first class.
“She will go from strength to strength.”