Colney Heath Ladies finding some late season form as Haringey Borough are the latest to fall
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies have found their feet with some late season form as a 1-0 win away to Haringey Borough made it three straight wins in the Eastern Region Women’s Premier Division.
It has brought the Magpies into contact with the mid-table pack and represents a fantastic reversal in fortunes.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: “Three straight wins and now 24 points on the board is a huge achievement for the ladies. I’m very proud of them.”
The only goal of the game came from young striker Mel Godino.
She pounced after a shot from Rianne Townsend-Brown was saved, squeezing the rebound in from a tight angle.
Gleeson was full of praise for his up and coming starlet.
He said: “Mel has joined us this year, and has shown great maturity for a 19-year-old.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
“She has progressed superbly and her attitude is first class.
“She will go from strength to strength.”