Colney Heath Ladies finding some late season form as Haringey Borough are the latest to fall
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies have found their feet with some late season form as a 1-0 win away to Haringey Borough made it three straight wins in the Eastern Region Women’s Premier Division.
It has brought the Magpies into contact with the mid-table pack and represents a fantastic reversal in fortunes.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: “Three straight wins and now 24 points on the board is a huge achievement for the ladies. I’m very proud of them.”
The only goal of the game came from young striker Mel Godino.
She pounced after a shot from Rianne Townsend-Brown was saved, squeezing the rebound in from a tight angle.
You may also want to watch:
Gleeson was full of praise for his up and coming starlet.
He said: “Mel has joined us this year, and has shown great maturity for a 19-year-old.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
“She has progressed superbly and her attitude is first class.
“She will go from strength to strength.”