Colney Heath Ladies head into suspension with defeats for first team and reserves
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies had a disappointing showing on the final day before the suspension of grassroots football – but the new look team continue to move in a forward direction.
They lost 7-0 at home to Peterborough Northern Star in their fifth Eastern Region Premier Division game, their second reverse of the league season.
It leaves them fifth in the table with the opponents jumping up to second, and it ended a small run of success following two wins on the bounce.
The first of those was 5-1 at Haringey Borough, Nicola Puddick getting a hat-trick with one each for Holly Tyrell and Eustacia Randles.
Puddick bagged another treble in the next win, 4-3 at Bedford, with Mia Pinkham scoring the other.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies’ reserves also went into the break with a defeat, Elsbeth Cunningham getting the solitary goal in a 3-1 loss at home to Chipperfield in the Beds & Herts Premier Division.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book