Colney Heath Ladies head into suspension with defeats for first team and reserves
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies had a disappointing showing on the final day before the suspension of grassroots football – but the new look team continue to move in a forward direction.
They lost 7-0 at home to Peterborough Northern Star in their fifth Eastern Region Premier Division game, their second reverse of the league season.
It leaves them fifth in the table with the opponents jumping up to second, and it ended a small run of success following two wins on the bounce.
The first of those was 5-1 at Haringey Borough, Nicola Puddick getting a hat-trick with one each for Holly Tyrell and Eustacia Randles.
Puddick bagged another treble in the next win, 4-3 at Bedford, with Mia Pinkham scoring the other.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies’ reserves also went into the break with a defeat, Elsbeth Cunningham getting the solitary goal in a 3-1 loss at home to Chipperfield in the Beds & Herts Premier Division.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor