Lacklustre performance brings second defeat of the season for Colney Heath Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies slumped to a 2-0 loss away to Bedford with a somewhat lacklustre performance.
The hosts were out to avenge their FA Cup defeat to the Magpies and were ahead within five minutes after a telling through ball was calmly slotted past keeper Amy Butler.
The Magpies weren't helped by the loss of Adi Milton to injury 10 minutes later but a lot of huffing and puffing from both sides brought no change in the score by half-time.
A triple substitution at half-time was an attempt to kick-start their efforts but further injuries hampered the progress throughout the second 45.
Debutant Emily Frost tested the Bedford Keeper twice in the early stages and Colney did look more threatening with more possession but it was Bedford who got the only goal of the half from a free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
Catalina Costas produced a player of the match effort and Butler had to tip another shot over the bar but the wounded squad will need to regroup ahead of their next outing.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common