Four in a row for Colney Heath Ladies as Brentwood are the latest to fall
- Credit: Archant
A fourth straight win saw Colney Heath Ladies to a 2-0 win at home to Brentwood Town – a victory that puts them above their opponents in the Eastern Region Women’s Premier Division.
Charlene Moreton gave Colney Heath an early lead, all from a fine passing move with the final strike lifted over the keeper.
And Brentwood’s luck didn’t improve as their keeper went off with a knee injury after landing awkwardly following a corner.
The stoppage took the sting out of the game and it was five minutes from the end before the Magpies got their second.
Rianne-Townsend Brown got it, unleashing a left-foot rocket from 25 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Tony Kavanagh said: “Four straight wins at any level is a special achievement but with keeper Amy Mullett away with work centre-half Lucy Hancock has gone in goal and kept two clean sheets.
“That has contributed massively to this success. She is a real team player.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park