Four in a row for Colney Heath Ladies as Brentwood are the latest to fall
- Credit: Archant
A fourth straight win saw Colney Heath Ladies to a 2-0 win at home to Brentwood Town – a victory that puts them above their opponents in the Eastern Region Women’s Premier Division.
Charlene Moreton gave Colney Heath an early lead, all from a fine passing move with the final strike lifted over the keeper.
And Brentwood’s luck didn’t improve as their keeper went off with a knee injury after landing awkwardly following a corner.
The stoppage took the sting out of the game and it was five minutes from the end before the Magpies got their second.
Rianne-Townsend Brown got it, unleashing a left-foot rocket from 25 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Tony Kavanagh said: “Four straight wins at any level is a special achievement but with keeper Amy Mullett away with work centre-half Lucy Hancock has gone in goal and kept two clean sheets.
“That has contributed massively to this success. She is a real team player.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app