Colney Heath JMI School compete in final showdown
COLNEY Heath JMI School won their way through to the final of the St Albans Centurions Junior Tag Team Tournament on Thursday. It was a glorious, sunny afternoon for Rugby League and the boys and girls from a host of local schools enjoyed themselves.
COLNEY Heath JMI School won their way through to the final of the St Albans Centurions Junior Tag Team Tournament on Thursday.
It was a glorious, sunny afternoon for Rugby League and the boys and girls from a host of local schools enjoyed themselves.
There were 10 players in each squad and everyone had a chance to play a number of games with 10 minute breaks in between for refreshments. There were smiles all round as everybody who took part received a special certificate and either a T-shirt or a boot bag.
The youngsters from Colney Heath performed extremely well, scoring 15 tries on their way to the final. Centurions Club President Tony Bottomley said: "They did themselves proud. It was an excellent afternoon of rugby. It was very competitive and there were some really good tries."
You may also want to watch:
In the final, Colney Heath JMI took on Countess Anne C of E School from Hatfield and a tough match ended with the Hatfield side victorious 6-3.
Rugby League Development Officer, Shane Rampling was impressed with the young players on show. He said: "There was some fantastic talent on display. A lot of these youngsters enjoyed the day so much, they'll be joining the club and anyone else interested in playing Rugby League can call me on 07872 100703.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans