Colney Heath into final of the Herts Charity Shield after blowing Broxbourne away
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will face Welwyn Garden City in the final of the Herts Charity Shield after booking their passage with a 3-0 victory away to FC Broxbourne Borough.
A fairly uneventful and goal-less first half gave no clue as to what was to follow as the Magpies turned on the style after the break.
Reece Cameron, Jack Woods and Jimmy Hill had looked dangerous on the counter attack in the first period and it was the latter two who combined in the first minute of the second half, Hill getting his fifth goal in the last three games.
Spencer Clarke-Mardel doubled the lead with a crashing header from another Woods corner and then Osamu Allman put the game beyond any doubt in the final few minutes as he cut in from the left and beat the keeper at the near post.
WGC needed extra time in the other semi-final before eventually beating Berkhamsted 4-3.
You may also want to watch:
The final will be played at the County Ground in Letchworth Garden City on a date to be announced.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth