Colney Heath into final of the Herts Charity Shield after blowing Broxbourne away
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will face Welwyn Garden City in the final of the Herts Charity Shield after booking their passage with a 3-0 victory away to FC Broxbourne Borough.
A fairly uneventful and goal-less first half gave no clue as to what was to follow as the Magpies turned on the style after the break.
Reece Cameron, Jack Woods and Jimmy Hill had looked dangerous on the counter attack in the first period and it was the latter two who combined in the first minute of the second half, Hill getting his fifth goal in the last three games.
Spencer Clarke-Mardel doubled the lead with a crashing header from another Woods corner and then Osamu Allman put the game beyond any doubt in the final few minutes as he cut in from the left and beat the keeper at the near post.
WGC needed extra time in the other semi-final before eventually beating Berkhamsted 4-3.
You may also want to watch:
The final will be played at the County Ground in Letchworth Garden City on a date to be announced.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash