Colney Heath hit seven in FA Cup replay

COLNEY Heath had SEVEN different scorers as they progressed to the first round qualifying of the FA Cup after a 7-3 preliminary round replay win over Stotfold on Tuesday night.

The two sides had drawn 1-1 on Saturday, and in the replay Colney started poorly.

Within 12 minutes they found themselves 2-0 down to identical goals both scored by Harry Holland.

Steve Barker did hit the bar with a header but defensively Colney Heath had failed to settle into the game.

On 14 minutes, Kevin Ashwood crossed from the right and Aaron Clarke met the ball first to score from eight yards to make it 2-1.

On 18 minutes Paul Armstrong forced a fine save from the Stotfold keeper with a volley from an Ashwood cross.

The Great Escape was happening as a handball gave Colney Heath a penalty on 20 minutes which Eames despatched with ease to equalise.

Most Read

Ashwood made a break on 32 minutes, but his cross failed to reach Armstrong at the far post.

Stotford broke themselves and Paul Garrett put them back into the lead with a fine header from a left wing cross.

Good work from Armstrong in the 39th minute won the second ball and put Ashwood through on goal and he equalised at the second attempt.

It was an entertaining game for the neutrals and at half-time the score was 3-3.

The goals continued to flow after the break as Josh Humbert raced onto a through ball from Ashwood and lobbed the keeper to put Colney Heath into the lead for the first time.

Armstrong then got onto the end of a long ball from Tom Dickie, he twisted and turned before driving the ball into the bottom right corner to put Colney Heath 5-3 up in the 56th minute.

Bradley Harrison, who had come on for Armstrong, made the most of a long ball and went past the centre back forcing the keeper into a low save.

Perks then had to be sharp to tip over a rising shot for a corner.

Barker then put the game to bed in the 79th minute with a fine header at the far post from an Eames free-kick.

Jack Coombs then got on the end of an Ashwood free kick in the 94th minute and finished to score his first of the season and Colney Heath’s seventh on the night.

Heath will play Harefield United, who knocked out London Colney, in the next round.