Sippetts smashes four as Colney Heath U18s hit Baresi for six
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
George Sippetts led the way as Colney Heath U18s picked up a superb win over FC Baresi in the Southern Counties Floodlit League.
He scored four as the young Magpies won 6-0 to move second behind Olympian Division leaders Cockfosters but with a couple of games in hand.
Tejon Brown and Hadley Gleeson got the other goals.
Heath's first team continue their improvement under new manager Ant Burns but continue to find luck deserting them at key moments.
They fought back from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 at half-time in their Southern League Division One Central clash with fellow strugglers Kidlington.
Carlos Simao equalised on 17 minutes before Matthew Walsh fired them in front with seven minutes of the half remaining.
However, they were sunk by two goals in less than 60 seconds midway through the second period, both scored by Ryan Knight as he completed his hat-trick.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
It leaves them stuck to the bottom of the table with an away game at league leaders Berkhamsted up next.