Sippetts smashes four as Colney Heath U18s hit Baresi for six
- Credit: KARYN HADDON
George Sippetts led the way as Colney Heath U18s picked up a superb win over FC Baresi in the Southern Counties Floodlit League.
He scored four as the young Magpies won 6-0 to move second behind Olympian Division leaders Cockfosters but with a couple of games in hand.
Tejon Brown and Hadley Gleeson got the other goals.
Heath's first team continue their improvement under new manager Ant Burns but continue to find luck deserting them at key moments.
They fought back from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 at half-time in their Southern League Division One Central clash with fellow strugglers Kidlington.
Carlos Simao equalised on 17 minutes before Matthew Walsh fired them in front with seven minutes of the half remaining.
However, they were sunk by two goals in less than 60 seconds midway through the second period, both scored by Ryan Knight as he completed his hat-trick.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 7 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
It leaves them stuck to the bottom of the table with an away game at league leaders Berkhamsted up next.