Chances for Colney Heath but pre-season continues with defeat at Hadley
- Credit: Archant
There were two very different takes on the same score as Colney Heath continued their pre-season campaign.
Saturday saw the Magpies pick up a 1-0 success at Southern League AFC Dunstable, new signing Bailey Stevenson getting the goal.
But despite plenty of pressure on Tuesday away to Hadley, now of the Essex Senior League, Stephen O’Hara’s first-half goal was enough for the hosts.
Harry Lewis twice went close for Colney, a fine diving header whistling just past the post while another header in the second half was saved on the line by the keeper.
James Todd, Danny Fitzgerald and Stevenson all had chances blocked or saved and Luke Ward in the home goal also denied Chris Griffin before his best save of the evening, tipping a Harry Shepherd effort from 16 yards around his near post.
You may also want to watch:
Colney start their season properly on Tuesday at New Salamis in the FA Cup.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides