Chances for Colney Heath but pre-season continues with defeat at Hadley
- Credit: Archant
There were two very different takes on the same score as Colney Heath continued their pre-season campaign.
Saturday saw the Magpies pick up a 1-0 success at Southern League AFC Dunstable, new signing Bailey Stevenson getting the goal.
But despite plenty of pressure on Tuesday away to Hadley, now of the Essex Senior League, Stephen O’Hara’s first-half goal was enough for the hosts.
Harry Lewis twice went close for Colney, a fine diving header whistling just past the post while another header in the second half was saved on the line by the keeper.
James Todd, Danny Fitzgerald and Stevenson all had chances blocked or saved and Luke Ward in the home goal also denied Chris Griffin before his best save of the evening, tipping a Harry Shepherd effort from 16 yards around his near post.
You may also want to watch:
Colney start their season properly on Tuesday at New Salamis in the FA Cup.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire