Chances for Colney Heath but pre-season continues with defeat at Hadley
- Credit: Archant
There were two very different takes on the same score as Colney Heath continued their pre-season campaign.
Saturday saw the Magpies pick up a 1-0 success at Southern League AFC Dunstable, new signing Bailey Stevenson getting the goal.
But despite plenty of pressure on Tuesday away to Hadley, now of the Essex Senior League, Stephen O’Hara’s first-half goal was enough for the hosts.
Harry Lewis twice went close for Colney, a fine diving header whistling just past the post while another header in the second half was saved on the line by the keeper.
James Todd, Danny Fitzgerald and Stevenson all had chances blocked or saved and Luke Ward in the home goal also denied Chris Griffin before his best save of the evening, tipping a Harry Shepherd effort from 16 yards around his near post.
You may also want to watch:
Colney start their season properly on Tuesday at New Salamis in the FA Cup.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 9 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?