Chances for Colney Heath but pre-season continues with defeat at Hadley
- Credit: Archant
There were two very different takes on the same score as Colney Heath continued their pre-season campaign.
Saturday saw the Magpies pick up a 1-0 success at Southern League AFC Dunstable, new signing Bailey Stevenson getting the goal.
But despite plenty of pressure on Tuesday away to Hadley, now of the Essex Senior League, Stephen O’Hara’s first-half goal was enough for the hosts.
Harry Lewis twice went close for Colney, a fine diving header whistling just past the post while another header in the second half was saved on the line by the keeper.
James Todd, Danny Fitzgerald and Stevenson all had chances blocked or saved and Luke Ward in the home goal also denied Chris Griffin before his best save of the evening, tipping a Harry Shepherd effort from 16 yards around his near post.
Colney start their season properly on Tuesday at New Salamis in the FA Cup.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus