Colney Heath continue pre-season with good win over AFC Dunstable
- Credit: Archant
A young Colney Heath squad scored a fine victory in their latest pre-season outing – beating Southern League AFC Dunstable.
The hosts are one division higher than the Magpies but Bailey Stevenson’s goal and some superb saves from keeper Matty Evans proved enough to take the win.
Stevenson, one of a few new signings, pounced on 33 minutes latching on to a through ball from Harry Shepherd before skipping past former Welwyn Garden City stopper Dan Green and drilling the ball low into the net.
And there were other chances for a Colney side containing the likes of Kyle Raaho, Dominic Knaggs and Harry Lewis.
Green pushed a George Devine shot away and both Knaggs and James Todd had efforts that rebounded off the woodwork.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end another former WGC man, Taishan Griffith, was a constant menace and Evans earned his corn by pushing a firm Jervon Campbell shot around the post.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign