Colney Heath continue pre-season with good win over AFC Dunstable
- Credit: Archant
A young Colney Heath squad scored a fine victory in their latest pre-season outing – beating Southern League AFC Dunstable.
The hosts are one division higher than the Magpies but Bailey Stevenson’s goal and some superb saves from keeper Matty Evans proved enough to take the win.
Stevenson, one of a few new signings, pounced on 33 minutes latching on to a through ball from Harry Shepherd before skipping past former Welwyn Garden City stopper Dan Green and drilling the ball low into the net.
And there were other chances for a Colney side containing the likes of Kyle Raaho, Dominic Knaggs and Harry Lewis.
Green pushed a George Devine shot away and both Knaggs and James Todd had efforts that rebounded off the woodwork.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end another former WGC man, Taishan Griffith, was a constant menace and Evans earned his corn by pushing a firm Jervon Campbell shot around the post.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre