Colney Heath announce player awards from wonderful season that never was
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath have belatedly held their end-of-year awards to honour the wonderful season that never was.
The Magpies were red-hot favourites to lift the SSML Premier Division title, and with it promotion to the Southern League for the first time in their history, when they opened up a six-point gap with a game in hand in March.
The coronavirus pandemic suddenly ended the campaign, with the league declaring it null and void, but the Recreation Ground club still wanted to reward the efforts of their squad.
Jon Clements, who has now moved to Essex Senior League side Walthamstow, claimed two prizes, the club’s golden boot as well as Ryan Thompson’s manager player of the year.
The most prestigious one, the players’ player went to Chris Griffin while Kyle Raaho was named young player of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The supporters’ player of the season went to Danny Fitzgerald while Spencer Clarke-Mardel was presented with an award for the club’s continuing reign as Herts Charity Shield holders, winners for the past two seasons and through to a third consecutive final when the campaign ended.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall