Biggleswade United dent title hopes after shocker for Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s stuttering form continued with a hugely disappointing 3-0 loss away to Biggleswade United.
It was a third defeat in five SSML Premier Division games for the Mags and coupled with a 6-0 win for Tring Athletic means the gap at the top is back down to just five points.
The final score says former team-mate of many of the Heath players, Dave Parkinson, scored the first with Charlie Clayton adding the others. However, there was much more to frustrate manager Ryan Thompson.
It was still 0-0 when Biggleswade goalkeeper Ollie Leslie was taken off with an ankle injury and replaced by winger Codi Spavins.
And there had only been one goal before half-time when Danny Fitzgerald was shown a red card for vehemently demanding for a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Chances came and went but it was never going to be the Magpies' day.
They go to North Greenford United on Saturday.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden