Biggleswade United dent title hopes after shocker for Colney Heath
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s stuttering form continued with a hugely disappointing 3-0 loss away to Biggleswade United.
It was a third defeat in five SSML Premier Division games for the Mags and coupled with a 6-0 win for Tring Athletic means the gap at the top is back down to just five points.
The final score says former team-mate of many of the Heath players, Dave Parkinson, scored the first with Charlie Clayton adding the others. However, there was much more to frustrate manager Ryan Thompson.
It was still 0-0 when Biggleswade goalkeeper Ollie Leslie was taken off with an ankle injury and replaced by winger Codi Spavins.
And there had only been one goal before half-time when Danny Fitzgerald was shown a red card for vehemently demanding for a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Chances came and went but it was never going to be the Magpies' day.
They go to North Greenford United on Saturday.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season