Colney Heath building another impressive squad ahead of second title assault
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath have announced several new faces in among a whole host of returning stars ready for the new season.
The Magpies saw their Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division title hopes, as well as promotion dreams, go up in smoke when the league was voided in rapid fashion back in March.
But they have high hopes of mounting another assault on the top spot in the division and manager Ryan Thompson and his backroom staff have been busy assembling another impressive-looking squad.
Back for another year are skipper Callum Dudrenec and hugely talented youth prospects Chris Griffin, Kyle Rahho, George Devine, Harry Lewis and Dominic Knaggs.
Those youngsters will be guided by the wise old heads of Yasin Boodhoo, Danny Fitzgerald and Jay Lovell with Spencer Clarke-Mardel and Jack Woods the others on the retained list so far.
You may also want to watch:
In among the new signings are defender Will McClelland, who had spells with Welwyn Garden City and Baldock Town last year and old boy Harry Shepherd, who returns after a season with Walton Casuals and Dunstable Town.
The Mags have also raided neighbours Harpenden Town for two strikers with both Sean McMonagle and James Todd making the switch.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 10 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
Dom Edwards and goalkeeper Matty Evans, who has SSML experience with Tring Athletic, Sun Sports, Leverstock Green and Oxhey Jets, complete the new faces.
Among those departing the Recreation Ground is Sam Doolan who has signed a deal with Southern League Division One Central side Berkhamsted.
Meanwhile Connor Sansom has gone to another Southern League outfit, Bedford Town, while Jon Clements is now with Walthamstow in the Essex Senior League.