Colney Heath drop two points against Hillingdon
Colney Heath threw away two points in a 3-3 draw with Hillingdon on Saturday.
With Hanwell and Ampthill both winning, Colney Heath lost a bit of momentum in the league, but their unbeaten run in the league now stands at 10 games.
The Magpies started brightly and opened the scoring through Aaron Clarke with three minutes and then doubled the advantage before 10 minutes were on the clock as Clarke pounced again.
Kevin Ashwood then added a third and the game looked dead and buried.
As the half came to a close, the Magpies let Hillingdon back into the game as they capitalised on poor defending to score twice.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides were cautious in the second half but Hillingdon grabbed an equaliser, and it could have been worse for Colney Heath but a late goal by the hosts was disallowed.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team