Colney Heath drop two points against Hillingdon
Colney Heath threw away two points in a 3-3 draw with Hillingdon on Saturday.
With Hanwell and Ampthill both winning, Colney Heath lost a bit of momentum in the league, but their unbeaten run in the league now stands at 10 games.
The Magpies started brightly and opened the scoring through Aaron Clarke with three minutes and then doubled the advantage before 10 minutes were on the clock as Clarke pounced again.
Kevin Ashwood then added a third and the game looked dead and buried.
As the half came to a close, the Magpies let Hillingdon back into the game as they capitalised on poor defending to score twice.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides were cautious in the second half but Hillingdon grabbed an equaliser, and it could have been worse for Colney Heath but a late goal by the hosts was disallowed.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land