Colney Heath draw with WGC
Colney Heath were held to a 2-2 draw by Welwyn Garden City as their preparations continue for the start of the SSML Premier Division season.
After an even start, Colney Heath took a 20th minute lead when a low shot was struck past Croft from the edge of the area.
Jason Caswell almost levelled immediately with a rasping effort that just sailed over the bar.
Then, 10 minutes from the break, another low effort that should have been cleared was deflected past Croft to give Colney Heath a 2-0 lead.
This time, WGC did hit back almost immediately with a goal from Sean Brettell.
You may also want to watch:
In the closing moments of the half, Caswell drove another powerful effort over the bar and Daryl Smith followed suit with another well-struck drive seconds later.
WGC boss Adam Fisher made four changes at the break and one of his substitutes, defender Bradley Jenner, scored the equaliser on the hour.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure