Colney Heath draw with WGC
Colney Heath were held to a 2-2 draw by Welwyn Garden City as their preparations continue for the start of the SSML Premier Division season.
After an even start, Colney Heath took a 20th minute lead when a low shot was struck past Croft from the edge of the area.
Jason Caswell almost levelled immediately with a rasping effort that just sailed over the bar.
Then, 10 minutes from the break, another low effort that should have been cleared was deflected past Croft to give Colney Heath a 2-0 lead.
This time, WGC did hit back almost immediately with a goal from Sean Brettell.
You may also want to watch:
In the closing moments of the half, Caswell drove another powerful effort over the bar and Daryl Smith followed suit with another well-struck drive seconds later.
WGC boss Adam Fisher made four changes at the break and one of his substitutes, defender Bradley Jenner, scored the equaliser on the hour.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans