Colney Heath draw after surviving the big freeze
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath were the only Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side in the district to beat the big freeze on Saturday – but they couldn’t overcome Holmer Green, drawing 1-1 at the Recreation Ground.
Because of their slow start to the league campaign this season, this was the first time they have played a team lower than them in the table.
Spencer Clarke-Mardel got their goal seven minutes into the second half, attacking a corner and smashing the ball into the roof of the net to give them a 1-0 lead.
However, another corner, this time in the 90th minute for the visitors, was converted by James Britnell to give the Buckinghamshire side a point.
The Magpies had the better chances in the first half but Harry Shepherd’s shot off the crossbar was the nearest anyone came to a goal.
You may also want to watch:
London Colney against leaders Berkhamsted and Harpenden Town’s match at home to London Tigers were both postponed.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style