Colney Heath and St Albans City get home draws in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s reward for reaching the second qualifying round of the Emirates FA Cup for the first time in their history is a home tie against higher league opposition.
Bostick League Premier Division Burgess Hill Town play two divisions higher than the Magpies but will visit the Recreation Ground on Saturday, September 16.
Hill defeated Erith Town 3-0 in Saturday’s first qualifying round tie, the same score with which Colney Heath beat Cockfosters.
St Albans City enter the competition at this stage and have been drawn at home to Cambridge City, who ply their trade in Evostik Southern League Division One East, two levels below their Vanarama National League South hosts.
They won 3-1 against St Neots Town in the first qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
Saints have reached the first round proper in three of the last four seasons.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly