Colney Heath and St Albans City get home draws in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath’s reward for reaching the second qualifying round of the Emirates FA Cup for the first time in their history is a home tie against higher league opposition.
Bostick League Premier Division Burgess Hill Town play two divisions higher than the Magpies but will visit the Recreation Ground on Saturday, September 16.
Hill defeated Erith Town 3-0 in Saturday’s first qualifying round tie, the same score with which Colney Heath beat Cockfosters.
St Albans City enter the competition at this stage and have been drawn at home to Cambridge City, who ply their trade in Evostik Southern League Division One East, two levels below their Vanarama National League South hosts.
They won 3-1 against St Neots Town in the first qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
Saints have reached the first round proper in three of the last four seasons.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team