Colney Heath and London Colney set for FA Cup action
COLNEY Heath entertain Stotfold in the FA Cup Preliminary Round on Saturday while derby, and SSML Premier Division, rivals London Colney host Harefield United.
The two clubs will be hoping to take their opportunities and progress to the next stage, with prize-money of �1,500 on offer for the winners of the ties.
Heath kicked-off their SSML Premier Division season with a disappointing 3-1 loss to Leverstock Green, but bounced back in style.
On Saturday they thumped Holmer Green 7-3 thanks to a Paul Armstrong hat-trick and further goals from Kevin Ashwood, Josh Humbert, Jamie Eames and Aaron Clarke.
They followed that up with a tidy 1-0 success away at London Tigers with Bradley Harrison grabbing the all-important goal.
You may also want to watch:
Colney have enjoyed an unbeaten start to their league campaign with two wins and a draw from their opening three matches.
Matt Newman’s effort handed them a 1-0 triumph at Hanwell in the season opener, and it was the same score and scorer as they then went on to beat Biggleswade United.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
On Tuesday their perfect start was tarnished as they conceded a late penalty in a 2-2 draw with Berkhamsted, Dave Keenleyside and Matt Sutton netted for the Blueboys.