Colney Heath and London Colney set for FA Cup action
COLNEY Heath entertain Stotfold in the FA Cup Preliminary Round on Saturday while derby, and SSML Premier Division, rivals London Colney host Harefield United.
The two clubs will be hoping to take their opportunities and progress to the next stage, with prize-money of �1,500 on offer for the winners of the ties.
Heath kicked-off their SSML Premier Division season with a disappointing 3-1 loss to Leverstock Green, but bounced back in style.
On Saturday they thumped Holmer Green 7-3 thanks to a Paul Armstrong hat-trick and further goals from Kevin Ashwood, Josh Humbert, Jamie Eames and Aaron Clarke.
They followed that up with a tidy 1-0 success away at London Tigers with Bradley Harrison grabbing the all-important goal.
You may also want to watch:
Colney have enjoyed an unbeaten start to their league campaign with two wins and a draw from their opening three matches.
Matt Newman’s effort handed them a 1-0 triumph at Hanwell in the season opener, and it was the same score and scorer as they then went on to beat Biggleswade United.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
On Tuesday their perfect start was tarnished as they conceded a late penalty in a 2-2 draw with Berkhamsted, Dave Keenleyside and Matt Sutton netted for the Blueboys.