Colney Heath and London Colney placed back in Essex Senior League as sorry saga rumbles on
- Credit: Archant
The sorry saga surrounding Colney Heath and London Colney took another twist after both clubs were placed back in the Essex Senior League.
The pair had originally been moved laterally from the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division to the ESL when the FA released their allocations for step five clubs.
That would have seen numerous games in east London as well as a trip to Southend Manor, boosting the mileage required to get to games by almost 300.
Appeals for both clubs against the decision were upheld with the matter kicked back to the National League Committee to have another look.
However, in a very brief letter that gave no reason as to why, the clubs have now been told that they will be placed back in the Essex League, although they have seven days to lodge another appeal.
You may also want to watch:
London Colney are believed to be doing just that while Colney Heath are going to evaluate their options.
The Magpies have said though that the delay in finding a resolution is having an effect on and off the pitch, with pre-season just around the corner.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
With the circumstances unchanged since the previous appeal, logic would say that any new complaint would also be successful, meaning an end to the dilemma could still be some weeks away.