Shock as Colney Heath and London Colney are moved leagues
- Credit: Archant
The release of the non-league allocations for the 2019-2020 season have delivered a few shocks – especially for London Colney and Colney Heath.
The pair have been shifted from the traditional Spartan South Midlands League home and will play the new season in the Essex Senior League Premier Division.
The same fate has also befell Cockfosters and means the trio will now go to the likes of Ilford, Tower Hamlets and Southend Manor.
Two old foes in Hoddesdon Town and St Margaretsbury were shifted across last season as the boundary of the league moves ever eastwards.
Harpenden Town meanwhile will stay in the SSML Premier but they will now have trips to new-boys Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, Eynesbury Rovers and Newport Pagnell Town.
You may also want to watch:
Higher up the leagues it was confirmed that St Albans City will remain in National League South.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans