Shock as Colney Heath and London Colney are moved leagues
- Credit: Archant
The release of the non-league allocations for the 2019-2020 season have delivered a few shocks – especially for London Colney and Colney Heath.
The pair have been shifted from the traditional Spartan South Midlands League home and will play the new season in the Essex Senior League Premier Division.
The same fate has also befell Cockfosters and means the trio will now go to the likes of Ilford, Tower Hamlets and Southend Manor.
Two old foes in Hoddesdon Town and St Margaretsbury were shifted across last season as the boundary of the league moves ever eastwards.
Harpenden Town meanwhile will stay in the SSML Premier but they will now have trips to new-boys Aylesbury Vale Dynamos, Eynesbury Rovers and Newport Pagnell Town.
You may also want to watch:
Higher up the leagues it was confirmed that St Albans City will remain in National League South.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works