SSML Premier Division round-up: Colney Heath extend lead despite stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath extended their lead at the top of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division but only by a point after a frustrating 0-0 draw at Harefield United.
The Magpies are now nine points clear of second-placed Tring Athletic and 12 from Biggleswade United in third but the gaps could have been bigger after numerous chances.
The visitors peppered the home goal but wayward shooting and good goalkeeping kept them out.
The game ended on a sour note as a scuffle after the final whistle saw two red cards, Josh Humbert sent off for the Magpies.
Harpenden Town sit sixth in the division after a 3-2 defeat away to Crawley Green on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
They were 2-0 down in 17 minutes but pulled one back before half-time.
However, a fabulous free-kick from Phil Draycott with 18 minutes sealed the game and meant their injury-time strike was merely a consolation.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
All games on Saturday were postponed due to the wet conditions.