SSML Premier Division round-up: Colney Heath extend lead despite stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath extended their lead at the top of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division but only by a point after a frustrating 0-0 draw at Harefield United.
The Magpies are now nine points clear of second-placed Tring Athletic and 12 from Biggleswade United in third but the gaps could have been bigger after numerous chances.
The visitors peppered the home goal but wayward shooting and good goalkeeping kept them out.
The game ended on a sour note as a scuffle after the final whistle saw two red cards, Josh Humbert sent off for the Magpies.
Harpenden Town sit sixth in the division after a 3-2 defeat away to Crawley Green on Tuesday.
They were 2-0 down in 17 minutes but pulled one back before half-time.
However, a fabulous free-kick from Phil Draycott with 18 minutes sealed the game and meant their injury-time strike was merely a consolation.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
All games on Saturday were postponed due to the wet conditions.