SSML Premier Division round-up: Colney Heath extend lead despite stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath extended their lead at the top of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division but only by a point after a frustrating 0-0 draw at Harefield United.
The Magpies are now nine points clear of second-placed Tring Athletic and 12 from Biggleswade United in third but the gaps could have been bigger after numerous chances.
The visitors peppered the home goal but wayward shooting and good goalkeeping kept them out.
The game ended on a sour note as a scuffle after the final whistle saw two red cards, Josh Humbert sent off for the Magpies.
Harpenden Town sit sixth in the division after a 3-2 defeat away to Crawley Green on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
They were 2-0 down in 17 minutes but pulled one back before half-time.
However, a fabulous free-kick from Phil Draycott with 18 minutes sealed the game and meant their injury-time strike was merely a consolation.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
All games on Saturday were postponed due to the wet conditions.