Colney back on the winning trail as Holmer Green are put to the sword
- Credit: Archant
London Colney got back to winning ways with a 5-1 home win over Holmer Green, which ended with both teams a man short.
Stef Geraldes set the Blueboys on their way in the last night (Tuesday), meeting Dan Power’s cross perfectly, before James Ewington made it two from a corner.
The game looked like it would change when Power was dismissed for handling the ball on the line. Ben Allen converted the resulting spot-kick to bring Holmer Green back into it.
However, despite being a man down, Colney scored next, Ewington getting his second.
And the teams were soon back to equal numbers when Ben Heathers was sent-off for two yellow cards.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Shaw made it four before Russell Gallagher completed the scoring for the hosts.
This win now moves them up to third spot in the league table.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
On Saturday the Blueboys travel up the A1 to Biggleswade United for a 3pm kick-off.
Then on Tuesday evening they play Berkhamsted at home in the League Challenge Trophy.
Kick-off at Cotlandswick is 7.45pm.