Collins hits winner for Harpenden
FOOTBALL resumed at Rothamsted Park on Tuesday night when Harpenden Town overcame a much improved Stony Stratford Town 2-1 in an entertaining affair.
The Harps took the lead after 15 minutes when a speculative cross from Chris Ellis somehow found the back of the net to give the full back his first goal in Town colours.
The lead was short lived however as Danny Nicholls hit an equaliser which the visitors deserved on the balance of play.
The second half was an end to end affair with leading marksman Jimmy Hill having a personal battle with the visiting keeper who made some great stops to prevent Bob Fowler’s men taking the initative.
He could only watch in amazement when Hill, from just in the opponents’ half, hit a pile driver which rattled the crossbar and did a Geoff Hurst with the officials unable to confirm a deseved goal.
You may also want to watch:
The game was won by substitute Ally Collins pleasing Fowler who was missing several regular first teamers including the Green brothers and in-form James Ewington, who is close to a return possibly Saturday at Amersham Town on Saturday or Tuesday when Bedford are at the Park.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend