Colchester clash City's 'cup final'
STEVE Castle has labelled tonight s FA Youth Cup tie with Colchester United as his side s cup final . St Albans City s youngsters tackle the Us at Clarence Park tonight (Tuesday) and manager Castle believes the tie is just rewards for their efforts so fa
STEVE Castle has labelled tonight's FA Youth Cup tie with Colchester United as his side's "cup final".
St Albans City's youngsters tackle the Us at Clarence Park tonight (Tuesday) and manager Castle believes the tie is just rewards for their efforts so far.
"This is our cup final and the kids fully deserve it," Castle told the Herts Advertiser. "Alright they didn't quite perform at their highest away from home and they haven't in both ties (away from home) but they have at home. If they can match the performance they did against Hitchin and Thurrock it should be interesting."
Colchester United will certainly prove tough opposition for the young Saints.
The Us' under-18s have played 10 times this season winning seven, drawing once and losing just twice.
They currently sit top of the Puma Youth Alliance South East Division two points clear of Queens Park Rangers, having won five of their six league games, scoring 11 goals and conceding just four.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
Last time out the Us beat Aldershot 2-0 thanks to two goals from substitute Jordan Lartey.
The main threat to the City defence looks like coming from Craig Arnott who has found the net seven times so far this season.
Tonight's game kick's off at 7.30pm and entry is �4 for adults and �1 for concessions.