Cohen fit but Sulaiman unlikely to feature in cup clash
STRIKER Gary Cohen is fit to feature for the FA Cup clash with Harlow Town after recovering from the knock sustained in the reserve victory against Potters Bar Town Reserves in the Capital League Western Division on Monday. Cohen was taken to hospital
STRIKER Gary Cohen is fit to feature for the FA Cup clash with Harlow Town after recovering from the knock sustained in the reserve victory against Potters Bar Town Reserves in the Capital League Western Division on Monday.
Cohen was taken to hospital by manager Steve Castle but the news was not as bad as first feared. The City boss said: "I took Gary to hospital myself. They thought he had blacked out and there was a chance that he could have got a bit of concussion but the doctors said he will be fine for Saturday."
Young midfielder Joe Finn was not so fortunate, suffering a knee injury in the reserve clash with damage to the cartilage and a strained medial ligament.
Winger Hassan Sulaiman is unlikely to play on Saturday after he was forced off injured in the win at Newport County. Full back Scott Cousins who missed the match in Wales also remains a doubt and Castle said: "Hassan Sulaiman is going to be struggling I think. I do not see that he will be right for Saturday. I am unsure about Scott Cousins at the moment. We will see how he is."
You may also want to watch:
Rodney Hicks and Lee Clarke pressed their claims for selection on Saturday as both got 90 minutes in the reserve fixture on Monday. Hicks returned to first-team action at Newport as a substitute following his injury picked up against Chelmsford City.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public