Cohen fit but Sulaiman unlikely to feature in cup clash
STRIKER Gary Cohen is fit to feature for the FA Cup clash with Harlow Town after recovering from the knock sustained in the reserve victory against Potters Bar Town Reserves in the Capital League Western Division on Monday. Cohen was taken to hospital
STRIKER Gary Cohen is fit to feature for the FA Cup clash with Harlow Town after recovering from the knock sustained in the reserve victory against Potters Bar Town Reserves in the Capital League Western Division on Monday.
Cohen was taken to hospital by manager Steve Castle but the news was not as bad as first feared. The City boss said: "I took Gary to hospital myself. They thought he had blacked out and there was a chance that he could have got a bit of concussion but the doctors said he will be fine for Saturday."
Young midfielder Joe Finn was not so fortunate, suffering a knee injury in the reserve clash with damage to the cartilage and a strained medial ligament.
Winger Hassan Sulaiman is unlikely to play on Saturday after he was forced off injured in the win at Newport County. Full back Scott Cousins who missed the match in Wales also remains a doubt and Castle said: "Hassan Sulaiman is going to be struggling I think. I do not see that he will be right for Saturday. I am unsure about Scott Cousins at the moment. We will see how he is."
Rodney Hicks and Lee Clarke pressed their claims for selection on Saturday as both got 90 minutes in the reserve fixture on Monday. Hicks returned to first-team action at Newport as a substitute following his injury picked up against Chelmsford City.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road