Cohen and Lee secure Radlett derby victory
- Credit: Archant
A fantastic bowling performance from Michael Lee and a composed batting display from Simeon Cohen ensured Radlett 2s finished the run of limited overs games with a 100 per cent record.
The Saracens Herts Division Two A switches to a timed over format as of this Saturday.
Radlett look well placed to continue their assault on their division rivals after taking St Albans to task at Clarence Park.
After struggling early on, opening bowler Ben Lederman picked up three wickets while the middle overs were superbly controlled by Lee (3-13). He was well supported by Troy Barrett.
St Albans’ Phil Caley, fresh from scoring 134 last week against Leverstock Green, was beginning to settle before a direct hit from Radlett captain Dan Foster accounted for his wicket, ending his innings on 47.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans subsided for 157.
The run chase started well with new signing Martin Jones and Graham Dill opening the batting. Both went with the score on 37 and wickets continued to fall at regular intervals.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Lee (25) and Robin Willis (28) steadied the run chase and set Radlett on track but both went 50 runs short of the target.
Simeon Cohen came to the crease and was superb, marshalling the tail effortlessly with an unbeaten run a ball 30 to see Radlett to their fifth consecutive victory.