Cohen and Lee secure Radlett derby victory
- Credit: Archant
A fantastic bowling performance from Michael Lee and a composed batting display from Simeon Cohen ensured Radlett 2s finished the run of limited overs games with a 100 per cent record.
The Saracens Herts Division Two A switches to a timed over format as of this Saturday.
Radlett look well placed to continue their assault on their division rivals after taking St Albans to task at Clarence Park.
After struggling early on, opening bowler Ben Lederman picked up three wickets while the middle overs were superbly controlled by Lee (3-13). He was well supported by Troy Barrett.
St Albans’ Phil Caley, fresh from scoring 134 last week against Leverstock Green, was beginning to settle before a direct hit from Radlett captain Dan Foster accounted for his wicket, ending his innings on 47.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans subsided for 157.
The run chase started well with new signing Martin Jones and Graham Dill opening the batting. Both went with the score on 37 and wickets continued to fall at regular intervals.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Lee (25) and Robin Willis (28) steadied the run chase and set Radlett on track but both went 50 runs short of the target.
Simeon Cohen came to the crease and was superb, marshalling the tail effortlessly with an unbeaten run a ball 30 to see Radlett to their fifth consecutive victory.