Coaching on offer for boys and girls at St Albans Junior Cricket Club
ST ALBANS Junior Cricket Club will again be running coaching sessions over the summer months for boys and girls aged between 7-15 years, with the opportunity to play in league matches within Hertfordshire.
In addition to boys teams at each age level, this season the club will be running two girls teams who will compete in the inaugural Herts Girls Cricket League.
Anyone interested in registering or finding out more about the club should come along to the Registration Day next to the cricket pitch at Clarence Park on Sunday (April 1) between 2-4pm.
For more information contact Paul Sands on 07540 705966.
At the opening junior coaching session on Friday (April 13) the club will be officially opening their new outdoor nets facility, named after former chairman Phil Milton, who passed away at the end of 2011.
You may also want to watch:
This facility has been made possible through generous grants from St Albans District Council, Lafarge Aggregates & Concrete UK through the Landfill Communities Fund, and The England and Wales Cricket Board, in addition to funds raised by the club’s members.
The Phil Milton Nets Facility will be used to help develop both junior and senior club members, as well as being available for use by local schools and community groups.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land