Club enjoy success
A Tae Kwon Do school enjoyed a medal-laden trip to the National Championships. The St Albans and Stevenage UKGT Tae Kwon Do School took seven adults and ten children, who are all from the St Albans and London Colney area, to the event where they competed
A Tae Kwon Do school enjoyed a medal-laden trip to the National Championships.
The St Albans and Stevenage UKGT Tae Kwon Do School took seven adults and ten children, who are all from the St Albans and London Colney area, to the event where they competed against 20 other schools from around the United Kingdom. Despite the club being less than a year old, every child in the team took home at least one medal, with some members going home with multiple medals in what was a very successful day for the club.
The competition, which took place in Northampton and involved over 300 competitors, was in three parts, with individual, team and breaking events.
The school came home with four gold and three silver medals from the team sparring event, two gold, four silver and six bronze medals from the individual sparring and a silver medal from the breaking.
You may also want to watch:
Instructor Khem Thoree was understandably delighted with his students' success saying: "I feel that in this day and age, it is important to celebrate the achievements of the young people in our community. There is altogether too much bad press surrounding children and sometimes it is nice to read something good that has taken place. They are a wonderful bunch of kids and they are a pleasure to teach. I am sure that the whole of Hertfordshire will be proud of their achievements, each of them are a credit to their families, schools and communities, I am a very proud instructor."
The UKGT Tae Kwon Do School runs classes which are mixed adults and children and they take place on Monday from 6.30pm to 7.30pm at the London Colney Parish Centre and on Friday from 5pm to 6pm at the Fleetville community Centre.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills