Clock Toks down on Colney challenge
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One Tokyngton Manor 1 London Colney 0 Report by birthday boy Terry Edwards DEFEAT at Tokyngton Manor on Tuesday halted London Colney s recent good run in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One
Tokyngton Manor 1 London Colney 0
Report by birthday boy Terry Edwards
DEFEAT at Tokyngton Manor on Tuesday halted London Colney's recent good run in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Colney, missing injured striker Jermaine Davey, were unfortunate not to be awarded a penalty after just two minutes. Danny McCafferty curled in a corner which appeared to be scooped off the line by defender Mike Williams using his hands. Russell Gallagher struck the loose ball wide of the goal.
Gallagher was denied by Manor goalkeeper Meschach Spooner and, as the half progressed, Manor began to look increasingly dangerous. They broke the deadlock on 36 minutes when Jesse Reynolds found Andy Watson who beat the offside trap and struck the ball low into the net for 1-0.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
A determined run from full back Lee Benning galvanised Colney and he struck the outside of the post after battling to keep the ball in play. Striker Paul Danslow then lashed a shot just over the crossbar.
Early in the second half, Danslow played in John Beschizza but his shot was saved by Spooner who also held the follow up.
Stephen Bignal hit the post for Manor before Colney introduced Cain Davey and Gary Simmonds from the bench in search of spark. Davey was denied by Spooner after a jinking run and Danslow and Greg Shaw were just off target with shots.
Colney continued to press forward in search of a leveller but it would not come and the Blueboys need to rediscover the goal touch when they host Stony Stratford Town on Saturday at Cotlandswick.
London Colney: Hill, Benning (C. Davey), McCafferty, Dickie, Paradise, Humbert, Beschizza (Simmonds), Shaw, Danslow, R. Gallagher (Seabrook), Corran.